20 Best Bad Boys in Romance Novels
Scene from "The House on Black Lake" trailer
Please Note: The House on Black Lake has been adapted to screenplay. Go to Home Page to view cinematic trailer.
The House on Black Lake has three bad boys who push the boundaries of "good girl" Alexandra Brighton. Preternaturally good looking Ramey Sandeleywas born to wealth and power, rides a horse like a native, shoots wild game like a professional, and seduces every creature that crosses his path. He has never heard the word "No". Georgie La Pointe, Ramey's cousin, is a tanned and muscle bound Canadian rock star who has never dated the same woman more than once and grooms his hair in the eyes of his admirers. Andra Labat is a seductive French Canadian artist who woos conservative Alexandra Brighton to his bed within hours of meeting her, and remains charming and seductive as he lures her into a web of deadly intensions.
Most women have loved a bad boy at least once in their lives. My personal favorite bad boy boyfriend was a 6'7" New Zealander with wavy dark hair to his shoulders. The perfect man to date after a messy divorce. He was utterly primitive, an outlaw, and untamable. One day I plan to hunt him back down and write a non fiction account of our reunion. But until then... here is my list.
I have chosen the top twenty best bad boys in romance novels based in input from fans and forums (thanks to Amazon community).
1. Lucky's Lady by Tami Hoag - Lucky Loucet is a diamond in the rough Cajun
2. One Summer by Karen Robards - Johnny accused of murder as student, gets involved with teacher when on parole
3. Coming Undone by Lauren Dane - Brody is tattoo artist drives motorcycle
4. Crazy series by Tara Jantzen -Creed Rivera is surfer/pick pocket turned SDF agent
5. Born of Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon - Nykyrion is human/alien assassin
6. Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward - Wrath is vampire warrior
7. Behind Closed Doors by Shannon McKenna - Seth Mackey is sexy detective
8. Ice series by Anne Stuart - Serafin is a mercenary, assassin, and the most dangerous man in the world
9. Breeds series by Lora Leigh - Callen is a genetic experiment - half man/half lion
10. Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon - Vane is a werewolf with magical powers
11. Demonica series by Larissa Ione - Wraith is a Seminous demon with a death wish
13. Mackenzie's Mountain
by Linda Howard - Wolf is powerful, mysterious, sensuous, flawed Vietnam vet
14, Immortal Highlander
by Karen Marie Moning - Adam Black is immortal, arrogant, and an intensely sensual seducer
14. Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas - 30 seconds alone with Sebastian, Lord St. Vincent, will ruin any girl's reputation
15, Heart of Fire by Linda Howard
16.Midnight Man by Lisa Marie Rice - John Huntington is sexy ex Navy Seal
17. Jeannine Frost - Night Huntress Series - Bones is sexy ancient vampire with agenda
18. Midnight Breed, Lara Adrian - Lucan is detective/leader of elite vampire warriors
19.Truly, Madly Yours
by Rachel Gibson - Nick is a motorcycle riding love 'em and leave 'em kind of guy - second chance love with bb
20. Breathing Room by Susan Elizabeth Philips - Ren is movie star/playboy
In a series of interviews author Anastasia Blackwell talks about bad boys. Here is an excerpt: