Best Forbidden Love Romance Novels
Please Note: Photograph is from "The House on Black Lake" cinematic trailer, filmed by esteemed cinematographer Frazer Bradshaw. It may be viewed on Home Page.
Forbidden love is a theme I find fascinating, and I explore it on many different levels in my novel. In The House on Black Lake Alexandra Brighton meets Ramey Sandeley months after they each have wed another. They both fall in love at first sight for the first time in their lives, but it is too late. Ramey's wife is pregnant with their first child, and Alexandra is impregnated that night by her husband. Years later, a world weary, Alexandra journeys to Black Lake to find resolution to the obsession that has kept her captive for years. She is now single, but he is still married and the father of five children. In addition to the lure of infidelity, the taboo of incest, racial and age differences, and marital bisexuality are also explored.
Below are listed thirty favorite forbidden love romances. Thanks to Amazon romance community for their input.
1. Forbidden by Tabith Suzanna - Soon to be released. The novel deals with brother/sister incest in a sensitive manner that is both illuminating and heart breaking
2. The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullogh - a young priest's faith is tested when he falls in love with a and beautiful woman
3. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne - A Puritan woman has an affair and illegitamate child with priest that leads to her being tagged with the scarlet letter
4. The Object of Love by Sharon Cullars - a woman's son dies and when his friend returns (now a handsome young man) she finds herself falling for him.
5. By possession by Madeline Hunter - a master and his serf
6. Indigo Love Spectrum by different authors - publisher specializes in romance stories with African American women with white men.
7. Through a Dark Mistby Marsha Canham -Medieval tale - a young woman is set to be wed in an arranged marriage but falls in love with an outlaw en route
8. Surrender by Pamela Clare (Mackinnon Rangers Series) - Western - Religious difference - protestant/catholic. Everyone warns them to stay away from each other, but to no avail
9. Untamed (Mackinnon Rangers Series) by Pamela Clare - H is a prisoner of war
10. Sweet Release by Pamela Clare - H is a criminal and h purchases him, trusts and believes in him
11. Stranger by Elizabeth Lane - h a widowed mother and H a drifter. She isn't aware that he was with the group of men who killed her husband and tortured her years before
12. Lakota Love Song - and others, by Madeline Baker. Her novels focus on Native American men and white women
13. Fever by Katherine Sutcliffe - h is a young heiress of a plantation and H poor overseer.
14. Star series by Patricia Potter - entire series features forbidden love
15. The Bounty by Beth Williamson - H is hired to capture h, then falls in love
16. Diablo by Georgina Gentry - Western - h is a lady and H is a drifter/ gun for hire. H kidnaps h for revenge on her fiance, then falls in love with her
17. Relentless by Patricia Potter - she's his captive, the daughter of the man he desires to revenge
18. The Heat by Heather Killough Walden - h falls for her best friend's brother despite friend's insistence she keep away
19. Shelter Mountain by Robyn Carr - H loves h but won't persue her because she's married
20. Star Bright by Catherine Anderson h is married to an abusive man and H isn't sure if it's reasonable to act on his feelings
21. Heartless by Diane Palmer - h and H are step-siblings
22. Perfect by Judith McNaught - H is a criminal on the run from jail, wanted for murder and h falls for him
23. No Chance by Christy Reece- h is very wealthy and H is very poor. Her father forbids them to marry, then when they do he destroys marriage. Eight years later they have a second chance at love.
24. Second Chance by Christy Reece - H is responsible for her husband's death and knows he should tell her, but gets involved nonetheless
25. Run to me by Christy Reece - h has amnesia and H knows he should walk away because they have a terrible past, but his love for her is too power to resist
26. Unlawful Contact by Pamela Clare - H escapes from prison and is wanted by the law and h helps him
27. Stealing Midnight by Tracy MacNish - h is a strange, abused, and sheltered young woman who has an insane father. h saves H from her father. His feelings for her are marred by fact that she is so strange his family will likely never accept her
28. Worth Any Price by Lisa Kleypas - H is hired to bring h home to her fiance but instead marries her himself
29. The Last Highwayman by Katherine O'Neal - H is an outlaw bandit and h is a duchess. Their love is fierce, although circumstances conspire to keep them apart
30. Stealing Heavenby Jaclyn Reding - h's family will not allow her to be with H and attempt to marry her off to someone else
31. Wife by Contract, Mistress by Demand by Carole Mortimer - H is much older than the h and she's loved him since she was in her teens
32.Texas Destiny - h falls for brother of her fiance
33.Passion (Fallen) by Lauren Kate - paranormal - YA - star crossed lovers over the centuries
34.Heart of the West series by Maggie Brendan - h falls for husband's brother
35. November of the Heart by LaVryle Spencer - H is rich, H poor
36.The Secret Pearl by Mary Balogh - Regency - H is married, after night of paid love he asks h to work in home
37. One Summer by Karen Robarbs - teacher and student - five years age difference - H paroled prison for murder of girlfriend, h believes him innocent
38. Grave Sight - paranormal that gradually unveils step sibling romance
Forbidden Love is so Sweet: