Top Ten Dominant Alpha Males in Romance Novels
The House on Black Lake has been adapted to screenplay. Go to Home Page to view provocative trailer featuring scenes from novel.
The House on Black Lake has three powerful, dominant alpha men. Ramey Sandeley has never tasted failure and expects he will always win, whether in business or pleasure. His uncle, Roger Sandeley, is a member of a group of international businessmen in Montreal that make up a nearly invincible power elite. Georgie La Pointe is the cousin to Ramey Sandeley, a spoiled rock god, born to great privilege. A supreme narcissist, Georgie has never slept with the same woman more than once, grooms his hair in the eyes of his lovers, and makes love to himself while listening to his songs.
Alphas are great fun to play with and when a woman wins in the game of love with an A - it is a triumphant battle indeed. Alexandra is lured by all three of powerful dominant alphas. A broken and world weary divorced mother when she journeys to Black Lake, she seems ill equipped for such a task. But as Alexandra is drawn into the underground and mentored by the mystics and gypsies dormant powers are unleashed, and she begins a dramatic transformation. Will the romantic beauty beat the dominant alphas at their games and tame each and every one? Perhaps not tame, but their lives will never be the same.
I have taken a poll from the romance community, and the following have been voted the top ten most dominent Alpha men in romantic novels. Thanks to Amazon Romance Forum.
In no particular order, the winners are:
1. Domenico, The Silver Devil by Teresa Denys - cult favorite - dark historical romance set in renaissance Italy about Duke who sees peasant girl in window and buys her from her brother and forces her to be his mistress
2. Jamie, The Outlander Series, by Diana Gabledon - historical romance time travel
3. Wrath The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward -leader of vampire warriors set in New York
4. Lucan, The Midnight Breed Series by Laura Adraian - eight books in vampire series
5. Bones Night Huntress Series by Jeannine Frost - an urban vampire fantasy
6. Jericho The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning - fantasy/paranormal set in Ireland
7. Zadist, Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward - six vampire warriors gravitate between turf battles and sensuous delights
8. Raphael, Guild Hunter Series by Nalili Singh - female vampire hunter and powerful archangel
9. Rolfe the Relentless, The Conquerer by Brenda Joyce - romance set in England in 1069
10. Gregori, Dark Magic Series by Christine Ferham - heavy on romance and intimacy with vampire, magic, paranormal twist
Pamela Palmer's Hunger Untamed series follows feral warriors in all their glory. Looks like this alpha might must make it to the top ten very soon!! The model on the cover, international model/actor Tos Yanez plays Andre Labat in the Trailer for 'The House on Black Lake' which can be viewed on Home Page.